Sunday, September 6, 2015

Today's Art Room Report...

Day 15


Apples by Mac in 1st (now in 2nd)

Zen Apples by Sophia in 3rd (now in 4th)

These two works were selected to be in the Prince William County yearly school calendar. I am so proud of both of them!

It's Friday! I have explained the rules and procedures 30 times this week. I have become one of those funny air hostesses on Southwest Airlines who tells you where the exit doors are in a strange and funny way because they need to find the humor in an important subject they have repeated 10,000. times. I have managed to make it home all the way but have fallen asleep in the driveway twice. My neighbor checked on my once, thought I was dead. 

I am dead tired though. Being the first week back after a summer of daily 2 hour naps you would be tired too.  That on top of my extremely low vitamin D and my extremely high ANA numbers (a positive ANA test indicates that your immune system has launched a misdirected attack on your own tissue — in other words, an autoimmune reaction), well lets just say I sleep a lot now and my body hurts all the time. Which by the way, is very strange for me. I have not been to bed before 1 am in, well...ever. I have never needed much sleep and now I fall asleep when I stop moving. I mean hard asleep.


Third grade is working on Name Bugs. We discuss and focus on symmetrical balance -things being the same on both sides.




They were to write their name in cursive letters. So I quickly figured out that in 3rd grade students are just learning to write in cursive so on the first day of art they more than likely do not have this skill yet! So that was fun. But they really wanted to try doing it so we forged ahead. I put up a cursive letter chart that seemed to help and reminded them by they time they turned the project into a bug no one would be able to read the name any way so just try your best.

For the lesson on this project click HERE



From 6-8 I did a Zentangle demo at the Candy Factory in Manassas, Va. afterwards hubby and I had date night at a cajun restaurant. It was First Friday in Old Town Manassas and it is always so much fun. If you have never tried Zentangle it is just amazing...so relaxing. Please consider taking one of my classes.


That's me at the end of the table and 4 fantastic ladies taking the mini class. The two ladies in the front are sister and just so fun to be around. Teaching Zentangle is just one of the 5 jobs that I have. No wonder I am tired right?


Click on the Alligator Fish Boat for more of Today's Art Room Report

No comments:

Post a Comment