Saturday, September 7, 2019

1st Grade Cow Jumping Over the Moon...Getting Ready for World Space Week....

Each year at my school we celebrate Space Week, which is Friday Oct 4-Thursday Oct 10 this year (2019). This years theme is "The Moon: Gateway to the Stars"

 I love the image of the cow jumping over the moon. I had a student win the Judge's Choice Award in the TEXAS Art Educators Association Youth Art Contest back in 2009 for her cow over the moon. That painting hung in the Museum of Fine Arts Houston all summer that year. So proud of her. We are actually Facebook friends now that she is all grown up. I hope she remembers her elementary school art teacher when she is a famous artist!

Diana M. and (me) Lee Darter at the MFA Houston

So in honor of  World Space week I will read The Cow Jumped Over the Moon to my 1st grade and then we create art based on the work by Cally Jane Studios.

You can by the book on Amazon HERE

 Click HERE to go to Cally Jane Studios


 


No comments:

Post a Comment