Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Diva Challenge 241....

My (Lee Darter) Diva Challenge 241....I have to say this has been one of my favorite challenges so far. I loved learning something new, I love the stacked stones, and I really enjoyed drawing this challenge! Yeah!


This is the inspiration photo for my (Lee Darter) Diva 241 challenge.


Verne Foster's Diva Challenge 241

With guest blogger  Paula Bramante CZT 15 Paula's blog is --- http://stringsandaurasczt.blogspot.com/
I (Lee Darter) am also a CZT 15 !!! Paula encourages us to try using Rankin’s cairn template as a string for this week’s challenge or trust in your intuition as you move toward your own vision of stones and ceremony with pen in hand and blank tile before you.  To be honest I did not know what cairn was....so I Googled it---
cairn is a human-made pile (or stack) of stones. The word cairn comes from the Scottish Gaeliccàrn (plural càirn).


A cairn to mark a mountain summit in Graubünden,Switzerland.
From Wikipedia.com
Cairns are used as trail markers in many parts of the world, in uplands, on moorland, on mountaintops, near waterways and on sea cliffs, as well as in barren deserts and tundra. They vary in size from small stone markers to entire artificial hills, and in complexity from loose conical rock piles to delicately balanced sculptures and elaborate feats of megalithic engineering. Cairns may be painted or otherwise decorated, whether for increased visibility or for religious reasons. Cairns as explained by Wikipedia 

Okay so now I am really into this!
An awesome artist I discovered on my Cairn adventure is Michael Grab. 
Is work is absolutely amazing, if you have not seen it before please check him out.
His website is

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. I like the diva dance behind the second one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lot of fun with this challenge. I really love the shading on the first one and the color on the second.

    ReplyDelete