Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Changing the way I see my art room and teaching...

I think after 10 years of teaching elementary art I may have gotten into a rut. I think a am great with the kids and I write awesome lessons plans but I just seem to be missing something. Like I am just following the rules, and what artist wants to do that?

It's time for a change. A refocus if you will. I am not just going to teach my kids art but I want them to see and think like and artist. I want them to question the world around them and stop thinking like a test taker. I do not every want to hear "is this on a test". The world is going to test you enough so I want my students to be able to see with their eyes and hearts so they will be ready for the real questions that will come at them.

So were to begin this new journey? First I will start be asking better questions or questions at all, since I may have let that slide some to get ready for this show or that contest or getting all the state standards in before the next snow day. So here is where I have decided to start:





See Think Wonder
A routine for exploring works of art and other
interesting things
  • What do you see?
  • What do you think about that?
  • What does it make you wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment