Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I am moving to Virginia.....


Yes I am leaving. I have had the most awesome experience
here in Spring BranchISD. The art department headed by Gloria McCoy is second to non in the nation. When
I became an art teacher 6 years ago Gloria was the reason I came here. Spring Branch and Thornwood
were the only school and district I applied in.

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful my school is, how fantastic my kiddos are or
how supportive my principal, Karen Liska is. Leaving is by far the hardest decision I have ever had to make. However,
as most of you now my husband is in the army and been deployed several times. We have not actually lived together in
8 long years! We have bought our first home in Virginia ( and yes it is hard it leave TEXAS)
but I have found and really great school district with an art director and a really nice art program.

I have the most wonderful husband in the world who has always told me to "move when you are
truly ready". Well I am not sure if I am ready but I do feel the time has come.
I look forward to seeing all the new faces in Virginia and all the things I will learn and do but I will
also miss all my friends and family in Houston.

Thank you again to all of you - for all you have done and all your wonderful support over the years.

Please keep in touch and follow my blog
www.artroomblog.blogspot.com
doodleallday@hotmail.com

Lots of love and respect,
Lee Tyler Darter

No comments:

Post a Comment