Sunday, May 21, 2017

Great Question to Ask Yourself About How You Teach...


Recently the Art of Education web site asked a great question--"What do you want your students to remember about you, as a teacher, in 20 years"?

My answer was "That I was very passionate about art and that I helped them find their own creative inner voice".  

This question got me thinking about how I teacher and what I teach. I really want all my kids to be strong art advocates as will as know the principles and elements of art. But I also what them to be proud of their work, remember to always nurture their creative side and never give up on the things they want in life. From this one question I have made sure to include art advocacy issues in every lesson and to also make sure the kids see me creating art every day. So thank you for the thought provoking question Art of Ed !



No comments:

Post a Comment