Sunday, March 19, 2017

STEAM in Art Through Music...


I am taking a year long workshop/Professional Development class though my school district in Prince William County, Virginia. In one of our classes we were all given tubes cut into different keys or music notes. When you hit the tube on the palm of your hand it makes a sound in a specified key. 
So I wanted to try this with 4th grade class. I wanted them to measure out the sizes but when I got the tube home the measurements were all off. So now I am designing a class about measurements...And had hubby measure and cut the tubes! 

I bought colorful sharpies do everyone could decorate their own tube. The class is now very accomplished at playing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". 

Here are some inspiration YouTube videos that show PVC pipe tube music...



No comments:

Post a Comment