Monday, February 15, 2016

Trying Out Different Salts for Watercolor Resists Painting...

We wanted to see what kind of salt and paper worked best for our 2nd grade watercolor resists Kimono paintings.
I made a joke about Salt n Pepa but of course my 2nd graders did not get it. 
So here is our experiment. 

Pre-test..we used Mediterranean sea, Kosher Salt, San Francisco and table salt.

First we tried it on 90# white Pacon paper

Then we tried it on Watercolor paper

The San Francisco Sea Salt seem to work best.

Kimono lesson plan HERE



2 comments:

  1. I've only ever used table salt - but this has inspired me to branch out! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have gotten some suggestions that Bar salt and snow rock salt for ice cream works well so we will have to try that as well...Not sure how to explain bar salt though?

    ReplyDelete