Sunday, May 11, 2014

Change the Page...


The top and the bottom pages spin around to create a new story




This is part of my series with words cut out of the book

The recluse of Herald Square: The mystery of Ida E. Wood 


This is the book I was reading while my father was in ICU the months before he passed away. I had not planned on being in Georgia for so long and did not have any art supplies with me. So I started reading this book, which I found among the 100's of books my father owned.

The series is based on the premise that you can change. We do not have to continue on the path we are on. If you rewrite the narrative in your head you can change the way you see the world and you can change your life. At any point in time.

As for now, in the series the words have to be found in "phrases" as they are in the book, they have to fit my life with some meaning in some way, and they have to be taken as a whole. Meaning, I look for words that are together and do not seek out  individual words throughout the book to form a sentence.

When I run out of "phrases" I am not sure what I will do with the rest of the book. Yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment