Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"if..." Art Journaling Project Day 2


Using prompts is an easy way to work your way through an artist block. I will be working through the book "The Big Book of If..." by Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell. I hope you will all follow along with me.
If you would like the buy the book there are lots of copies at
Amazon.com


To paint in- you can use any old hardcover book-look for one that is sewn together not glued or perfect bound or you can get a Strathmore sketch book like the one I am using. Look for pages that are at least 90lbs or heavier

1. If you could spend one whole night alone with anyone in the world who is currently alive, who would you select?


I am selecting my color palette-blues and greens with an accent of red. I looked for scrapbooking papers, cut-outs and construction paper to fit my palette.

2. Arrange and glue.



I use to try and carefully lay out my arrangement and then try and recreate it as carefully as I could back in the same order. Now I carefully lay it out and then just wing it as I glue it back in place. The frustration I faced from trying to match it exactly was crazy. Besides it always seems to turn out okay when I wing it!

3. For the glue I use Mod Podge gloss-lustere. Make sure you are only using an old brush to apply the adhesive. Glue will destroy a good brush quickly!

4. Free cut construction paper.


I selected a matching blue piece of construction and free cut trees in a variety of sizes. Then I Mod Podged them into place.

5. Found object printmaking-

I used a heavy bond card stock and dipped one end into red acrylic paint to create the lines on the page.

6. I used a punch to create different sized red construction paper squares. I also free-cut 4 long red strips of paper to go
horizontally across the pages.

7. Added white acrylic lines with the card stock and circles with the end of a pen.



8. Added white acrylic clouds with my finger.

9. I added text with a white Gel pen and attached a photo of the hubby holding baby Ayden with Mod Podge. Because the hubby is of course the person I would want to spend one whole night alone with in the world! Hubby is in the military and we do not even live in the same state so spending any time with him would be great...day or night!

No comments:

Post a Comment