Sunday, June 30, 2019

National Art Educators Convention Boston 2019...


So here I am teaching my "Felting is Fun" class at NAEA Boston 2019 #naea19
I was so honored to be selected to present a session. I love teaching felting and it has become an obsession of mine thanks to Cassie Stephens and Sue Bunch at Back to Back Alpaca
I watched an on-line video show with Cassie a few years ago and felted my winter coat. Then I went to Art Scouts for 2 years and learned more about felting and just became addicted. The only way I can justify having that much felt in the house is to teach a class on it.. Sue Bunch is my dealer of choice, she is so kind and helpful. 














































This is me and my hubby. I could not have ordered a more wonderful person to be in my life. He is a talented artist himself and an avid fisherman...  and he is so darn helpful. I could not make it through conference without him. 

Love the art teacher outfits at conference!

Checking out the Vendor booths


The Virginia YAM flag was amazing...

Of course there were parties to attend...




Holly Bess Kincade

Sue from Back to Back Alpaca...My felt dealer!

The amazing workshops


Linda Popp

Boston from the conference window

Jasmine Hawkins, the Prince William County Arts Coordinator

Me and Phyl Brown from the blog There's a Dragon in My Art Room

Me and Cindy Ingram from the Art Class Curator

Marcia for Art is Basic

Misty Bear


Creating with painters tape on the walls!


My New York conference roommate Katie Allain. Katie has an
amazing Instagram page you have to check out.




Went for a drive around Boston...sow ducks hanging in the window...decided not to eat there!







Took a felting class...loved it!






Took this amazing wax class...loved it!








Went to a late night dinner in the hotel and saw Debi West and the Journal Boys...

Took this fun mask class and then....

The evacuation alarm went off and everyone had to leave the building.



Came back after the evacuation and finished my mask.





Took a Joseph Albers Color their class and loved it.



Went to dinner and was treated to a bagpipe song




Went to an art journaling workshop with Sam Peck....Amazing






More cursing around Boston...


















And then the Boston St. Patty's Day Parade....It WAS on the bucket list and it was awesome!



After the conference we drove home making sure to check out all the important local Boston attractions! Such as the original Dunkin Donuts 
I have not eaten a donut in years but of course to celebrate this very important occasion I had a chocolate brownie mint donut and a class of whole milk. I can almost feel my cholesterol rising! But it was oh so gooooood!


 And of course the original Walhburgers!

The end! 
If you have never been to the National Art Eduction Association Conference ...
What are you waiting for? It is so much fun and so informative! 
I loved every second of it!
#naea19





No comments:

Post a Comment