Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Art Ceiling Tiles 2016...

I have wanted to have art ceiling tiles in my art room for a long time but just never got around to doing it. So when I saw Cassie Stephens creating tiles for her school I got re-motivated. The problem was that I was running out of time with only 3 weeks left in school. So I had a contest to pick 2 winners that would have their designs turned into art ceiling tiles. We had 40 really, really good entries. It was hard for the judges to pick just 2....so they did'ent...they picked 4 and asked the artists to combine their work.

Tile design by Hannah and Shelby both 5th grade
 were selected.

Tile design by a different Hannah 5th grade was also selected 
and the fish and crabs from this work was added to the other sunset design.

Tile design by Adam in 4th grade
 was selected


and tile design by Rachel in 1st grade was selected.
The flowers and butterflies from Rachel's work was added to the "ART" on Adam's tile. 

I am so amazed at the work these five students created. They all worked together in amazing teams. It was so much fun, I can't wait until next year's contest.

Team "ART" in action drawing the chalk outline for their design

Team "Ocean Sunset" Drawing their chalk outlines.

End of day one...










No comments:

Post a Comment