Sunday, January 10, 2016

Today's Art Room Report...

Day 41+
Okay...so I took a few days off for the holidays. But this girl really, really needed a break!

Leaving Virginia it was freezing cold but I was determined to take Alice to the beach! 

Putting up the old Christmas tree at the Georgia house.

I actually make this wreath myself...a long, long time ago!

The Pink Georgia house...one of my favorite places on Earth! 
Cochran, Georgia

I may or may not have had a Cinnabon on the looooong road trip. It just depends on
who you ask!
Crossing the Manatee bridge onto the island has almost become a religious experience.
You relax and let go of all your stresses, take a deep breathe and breath in all the salt air. 
Nothing that is happening on the mainland matters and nothing that is happening in your life is important for the next 2 weeks....just the island! 


The beach house!

Dropped my iPhone the first night there and shattered the glass! But the shatter looks like a butterfly so I drew it in my sketchbook.


Saw this at the Sarasota Airport picking up hubby, who by the way flew in instead of the making the 20 hour drive with me, Mason and the dog!

The view from my cousins beach condo Longboat Key, Florida

The island is crawling with lizards

Vultures guarding and old entrance to the mangroves

New park on the island...walking only!

view of Sarasota Bay and the ICW

Looking over to Palma Sola and Cortez


Bradenton Beach, Florida right in front of our beach house

How to celebrate Christmas on an island!




my Corona moment!




No comments:

Post a Comment