Sunday, November 15, 2015

Today's Art Room Report....

Day 37, 38, 39 and 40
My Virginia Art Educators Trip to Roanoke, Virginia!
I love VAEA conference!!!

Big Dog helping hubby get ready for our Totem Pole workshop at VAEA

The floor of our hotel room the night before our totem pole workshop! Scary!

Finally the day we have been waiting for...I chance to share our totem pole project with fellow teachers...

Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves!

There were many different animals.




Alyssa's totally awesome fox! 





I thought it would be a great idea to dump out all the clay tools on the
floor so everyone could get to them easier....I do not always think everything through! The clay dust was everywhere!

Right as the class was about to end and we needed water to wrap the clay pieces in...the City of Roanoke has a water main break and all the water was shut off for hours! 
We had a spray bottle everyone used to wet down their towels but I have do idea what they did for the bathroom breaks....?

My first workshop was Mark Clines talk about his life and work. Very inspiring! You can check out his work at...

Mark's ...Foamhenge in Natural Bridge, Virginia


Fiberglass work by Mark Cline


Mark gave us all a gift and just wanted everyone to be silly for a few moments...


So we all stood up and blew up our whoopie cushions and....

then sat down...It was great fun!


Jess Beach the great leader of  YAM (youth art month)

The Journal Fodder Junkies

My boot twin!

My 2 favorite art journal artists.

The awesome steps at the Taubman Museum in Roanoke, Va




It was awesome to see the pages turn on the John James Audubon book-The Birds of America

The entry way ceiling at the Taubman Museum

The view from the 3rd floor of the Taubman Museum. We had refreshments and great conversations on the balcony.

Group art project 

Vicki Burns Altered Books as sketchbooks workshop was just awesome!





Making hot glue gun stencils 

One of Vicki's altered book art works

Vicki's Art Journal is just fantastic.

Vicki is the most organized art journalers I have ever seen!





The Northern Virginia president, Sarah Philips leading the regional workshop.


We make trading cards and then had to trade with someone we did not know...
I met Katie Gong! 

No we did not have pizza for lunch...the supplies for our Transfer workshop came in that box. 
After the workshop walking around with the bag everyone was asking me where I got pizza. I was very, very popular for about 10 mins. 

Saw this on a tee-shirt...Love it!

The fantastic Prince William County group out to dinner.

The Elementary Division Meeting. We were asked to create collage landscapes out of scrapbook paper. So fun!





My Simple and Easy Walk up workshop in the hall...Way to much fun!





Saturday after the last workshop hubby and I stopped by 
Black Dog Architectural Salvage Company...
As Seen On TV!



Totally awesome place. If you are ever in Roanoke, Virginia you have to stop by for a visit.


We took the back way home and made it just in time to go to my sleep study test at the hospital. The nurse asked me if I had a normal day....!!!




Click on the Alligator Fish Boat for more of Today's Art Room Report


No comments:

Post a Comment