Monday, October 5, 2015

Today's Art Room Report...

Day 29
Look what I made! I got to use fire and  solder and a blow torch, how awesome is that! I was having such a wonderful time this week end at Donna Downey's Studios that I forgot to check out of the hotel. Three whole days in southern North Carolina during one of the worst storms they have had in a very long time and I hardly noticed it was even raining! Granted it was not much fun to drive home in but what an awesome weekend. I feel refreshed and rejuvenated.  Even though I did not get home until 10:30 pm and was 5 mins late for advanced art club the next morning. Thank you Mrs. Cahill for opening the door for the kids.

This is the fantastic Stephanie Lee who was my jewelry teacher this weekend. I just love her work and I can not say enough about how much I enjoyed every moment of this weekend workshop.


This is my class! We are so fab! Donna Downey is in the gray "Artist" sweet shirt and Stephanie Lee is to her right. I am on the far right of the picture wishing I had lost more than 8 lbs in the last month! I can't under stand how I look one way in my head and another completely different way in real life? I know I need to loose wight in my mind but I never think I am as big as I am until I see myself in a photo. Most likely why there are so few photos of me!


This is my wonderful advanced art club helping my put stars in space for the Space Week bulletin board! We used white paint and tooth brushes. I have never seen children so happy to hold a tooth brush before! A few of us went to class with white blobs in our hair this morning.

Click on the Alligator Fish Boat for more of Today's Art Room Report

No comments:

Post a Comment