Monday, October 5, 2015

October Comment Contest...


The winner of the October Comment contest is Susan....Yeah!


Sorry I am late getting to the contest winner...I was out of town at Donna Downey Studios taking a jewelry class with Stephanie Lee. If you ever get a chance to take at class with Donna or any of the artists she has at her studio...do it! It was an awesome experience and Donna and Bill are just the nicest people. 

Which brings me to this month's question...
Have you ever attended an art workshop just for yourself outside of your state art conference? Tell us which workshop and describe the experience.


Bonus--If you include photos of your workshop art work your entry will count 5 times. Please mail your photos to doodleallday@hotmail.com

*Each comment is one entry and you may enter as often as you like!
*Make sure you leave a good contact email--if you do not wish to leave your email publicly you can email me your email at:   doodleallday@hotmail.com



*If you win you will be contacted by email, you have 30 days to claim your prize.

Aside from being Zentangle certified I have been to Cloth, Paper, Scissors workshops and now a jewelry workshop at Donna Downey's Studios, which was totally awesome!




Click HERE for Stephanie Lee's blog

14 comments:

  1. Does the CZT seminar count? I went to the 18th one, which was in April this year. It was lovely. The most relaxing "work" I've ever done. Rick and Maria teach in a tag team manner, and were hilarious. And they were so nice. I would love to go again.

    My email is sghluchy@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certification counts! I felt the same way when I got Certified Sarah...I never wanted to leave that hotel!

      Delete
  2. I loved being certified as a CZT so much I'm returning in April with my daughter and hubby to watch the get certified.

    Ah.... I love the bliss of Zentangle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take my son and hubby someday. They are both such talented artists I am sure they would love it!

      Delete
  3. I registered for CZT20 and my husband decided to join me about 2 weeks before we left home. Luckily they found him a spot. We drove 12000 kilometers roundtrip for the best class I have ever been to ... EVER! And we went to lots of places we had never been before and some that we loved going back to. It was an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taz42...I loved being certified...it was like the Mother ship calling me home to be around so many wonderful Zentangle artists! I am so glad you had a great time!

      Delete
  4. My sister and I drove from Wilmar, AR to Rhode Island so I could attend the CZT15 Class. Although she did not attend the class with me, it was an adventure we will both always treasure. The class was awesome and meeting so many talented artists from all over the world was unbelievable. Meeting Rick and Maria was like a dream come true and attending their class was like a 'once in a life time experience,' or if you are lucky a 'twice time' experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon...I am also a 15 !!! It was and awesome experience.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I attended a jewelry-making workshop, where I learned how to use a torch to soften and shape metal, as well as to decorate with enamel. I absolutely loved the workshop. Knowing how to use a propane tank torch later came in handy when I had to un-solder and re-solder the water inlet pipe to the hot water heater! I took the workshop on a lark, and the sense of accomplishment it gave me led to doing more jewelry, as well as other arts and crafts. I wanted to attend a Zentangle workshop recently, but couldn't because my house was too near one of the big fires in California, and I didn't feel comfortable leaving it for the number of hours required to be in another city a couple of hours away. The fire is out now, so when the workshop is offered again, I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The torch thing is awesome...and wow you fixed your own water heater! Fantastic! I love being certified to teacher Zentangle and I would recommend taking a class when you can. Be careful thought, it is very addicting. I am so glad you home is okay.

      Delete
  6. I attended the Colorado Art Education Assoc. fall conference even though I live in Oklahoma. I had read some of their workshop ideas and was so pumped to go. It was FABULOUS!!!!! Wish I could afford to go every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It never occurred to me to go to another states conference...! Mind Blown!

      Delete
  7. I attended a letterpress basics workshop this summer & was so inspired! I wish I had the money to purchase equipment to do this in my own home. It was so much fun and I was very happy with the print I made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KFolger....we would love to see your work. Email me a copy so I can post it
      doodleallday@hotmail.com

      Delete