Tuesday, September 1, 2015

September Comment Contest


This months comment contest winner is....Stephanie Walton!!!
You may view Stephanie's school Facebook page at: 

What does your classroom look like? Are you all set up and ready to go for this school year? Did you do anything different this year from last? 



Last months comment contest winner K. Hyman sent in some awesome pics of your room. K. writes 
"After taking a course on Classroom Managment through AOE, I revamped a lot of the ways I conduct my classroom". These are awesome! Thank you for sharing and congrats!

Suzanne's creative space. I love that her puppy is helping her!

Sally says "Since we are often so busy with Professional Development on teacher workdays, I always come in early to get my room ready for school. Tuesday AM and I was ready to go! This year, I plan on using sketchbooks for my 2nd-5th graders which is a first in my 20 years of teaching elementary art"! Well Sally we love your room, it is bright and cheery. I have been using sketch books we actually make for years. You are going to love them!


This very well organized art room is by Stephane. 




WE are all dying to know what you use the bags for Stephanie!?!
We have our answer.....
Stephanie wrote "Those are our portfolios this year!!!  All 768 of them!!!"





These two lovely rooms belong to Sabina B. I am crazy about the wall color!







12 comments:

  1. Very organized. Bright colors- mostly primary. Made a new elements of art poster. My 4 artists for cleanup jobs are the ninja turtle artists, so students are very excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky...I need your email! contact me doodleallday@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a slasher----a recovering lawyer/travel blogger/Zentangle enthusiast, so I'm not returning to a classroom. (Hats off to all you teachers. My father was a public high school art teacher, so I have a clue about what I'm saluting you for.) This summer, the dog and I have been hanging out "down the shore" in Brigantine, NJ rather than our usual dwelling in Philadelphia, so the space I create in is a messy coffee table, a messy side table and a sofa. I'm not proud of it, but the nice thing about blogging and tangling is that you basically only need a lap top, wifi, a pen, pencil, tortillion and a few tiles. (Obviously, the art supply collection I've transported here with me (and the dog) far exceeds what I need. I'll send you a photo by email.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the great thing about Zentangle, you can take it anywhere.

      Delete
  4. Suzanne...I think you are living my dream life! I just want to be by the beach, creating with my dog!
    Thanks for the comment,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the BEST room! I have been lucky enough to be in the same room now for 19 years, so each year I tweek it a little more to make it better and better. Last year I was able to snag up the joining room beside mine so now I have both a ceramics and a 2D room that share a door and window. I'm able to teach split classes and get more projects done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabrina that really does sound amazing!
    Thanks for the comment,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent some pictures from sbolinger@usd386.net

      Delete
  7. I simply love my art room. I have many options for what I can do with it! Even though this is truly my 2nd full year there, I am not ever going to be ready to leave! I have windows to the outside world, 4 sinks, a kiln room and a closet/office (well, I turned it into an "office" as I don't have a desk in my room)! The best part is having a door to the front of the school's outdoor playground! Can't beat that at all! Sending photos to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your organization skills! Tell us what you use the brown bags for.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the brown bag portfolios!! What kind of bags are they? Shopping bags? Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephanie got them at Stewart's Packing, Inc. in Houston, they are shopping bags and cost around $40 a bundle. She says they came out to be around .08 cents each.

    ReplyDelete