Sunday, February 16, 2014

1st Grade Piet Mondrian in crayon (or watercolor)...


After looking at the work of Piet Mondrian and learning the primary colors (red, yellow and blue), students used a ruler and a black crayon to create rectangles and squares on their paper.
Then they painted some of the boxes they created blue, yellow and red. We also left some blank like Mondrian.

I only give the kids the primary colors.
I use to give them a full color tray and we sometimes ended up with purple Mondrian's....

 
When the work was dry I gave them 1/2 inch x 12 inch long black strips of construction paper to cover their crayon marks with.


Students will have to cut the strips to fit some of the lines.






Some classes used water colors and...

Some used crayons. No reason, I just wanted to see which worked best. 
I like them both for different reasons!





No comments:

Post a Comment