Tuesday, October 4, 2011
1st grade -Line -Paul Klee
6 Shapes 6 lines Paul Klee
Objective- Given a 12x18 white paper, a ruler, markers and a black sharpie students will create an artwork that includes 5 different geometrical shapes and 6 lines drawn with a ruler in the style of Paul Klee.
1. Demonstrate how to color the pattern with only 2 colors.
2. Give students a 12 x 18 sheet of white paper, markers, sharpie and a ruler
3. Have students draw 6 different shapes across the paper using a sharpie. Shapes should look to be at about 4X4 inch.
4. Using the ruler, have students make 6 lines running from the top of the page (held landscape) to the bottom using a sharpie. Each line should cut through a shape somewhere.
5. Have students pick only 2 colors of markers.
6. Have students start at the left side of the sheet and color the first area to the first line but not the shape.
7. Have students color the first shape with second color. The second part of the first shape should be colored with first color.
8. The next area created by the lines should be colored with second color. Continue this pattern across the page.
Materials Needed-Markers, sharpies, 12x18 white paper, a ruler